Can I translate my official document (birth certificate, ID Card, marriage certificate, divorce decree, University diploma, transcripts, military service card, etc.) myself?

No, if an official or certified translation of your document is required by a government official, university, college, etc., you have to use a certified translator / professional translation agency to translate you document.

What are different types of translation?

– Plain (non-official) translation: It is translation of your document with no certification. Example of plain translation: translation of your website, personal letter, email of a friend or a colleague in remote office overseas.

– Official/certified translation: This is the most common format of translation requested worldwide. Translation of your certificates, diplomas, legal documents, IDs, etc. is done by a professional translator. The translated page(s) will accompany with a sworn affidavit page of the translator who signs it along with the signature/seal of ACCUI translations.

– Notarized translation: The official translation can be notarized by the notary public in Canada if notarized translation is required. Notarized translation is required if you want to use the translated document in a foreign country.

– Translation done by accredited translators: Often, the translation must be performed by a member of a translation association such as Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario (ATIO), Association of Translators and Interpreters of Alberta (ATIA), Association of Translators and Interpreters of Saskatchewan (ATIS), Canadian Association of Sign Language Interpreters (CASLI), Ordre des traducteurs, terminologues et interprètes agréés du Québec (OTTIAQ), Canadian Translators, Terminologists and Interpreters Council (CTTIC). ACCUI has close collaboration with members of the said association and help you get your translated document done by a member of the required association.

I have translated my document. Can I pay ACCUI to certify it for me?

No. We can have your translated document proofread by our professional team of translators if a plain translation is required. For immigration purposes, admission to universities, submission of legal document or its translation to government offices, etc., translation done by the bearer of the document him/herself is not accepted. Therefore, ACCUI translation cannot certify a translation done by yourself.

I requested online quote at ACCUI website and paid the fees. I don’t need the translation anymore; can I get my money back?

If you contact us within 10 minutes after the payment for a translation request is made, refund process is possible. Any cancellation beyond this time-frame is not accepted as we process translation requests immediately.

I have a document in non-Roman language (i.e. Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Hebrew, Persian, Russian, Ukrainian, etc.). Can I request ACCUI transliterate my name in any format?

Yes, with a proof. ACCUI is aware of the fact that some names in non-Roman languages may be transliterated differently in English. We will confirm the spelling of all the names on your documents but the spelling of bearer’s name in an uncommon format shall be verified by his/her passport bio page.